teaspoon or two of easy garlic
75g of dried soya mince
1 large Onion or 2 small onions diced into small chunks
2 x Carrots peeled and diced into small chunks
2 x Courgette cut into small chunks
1 x Red Pepper cut into small chunks (or use frozen as cheaper in the long run)
Handful of chopped mushrooms (optional)
2 tins of chopped tomatos
125ml of vegetable stock
tablespoon of dried herbs de provence / mixed herbs / basil
sprinkle of salt / pepper
1 x Tomato puree
- Place the soya mince in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for a couple of minutes. Drain and put to the side to use later.
- Fry the onion and garlic in plenty of fry light for about 4 minutes or until softened
- Add the diced carrots, courgette, peppers and mushrooms, fry for another 4 minutes or until slightly softened (adding more fry light when nescessary)
- add the soya mince, 2 x tins of chopped tomatos, herbs, salt and pepper, and enough of the vegetable stock to cover. Stir Well and bring to the boil. Reduce Heat, Cover and Simmer for a further 15 mins.
- Once Cooked add the tomato puree to thicken and stir. add more seasoning if required.